Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A message to our WKHS Family...Be Present!

Good Morning WKHS,

As I work to catch up on email; answering questions and adding dates to my calendar to make sure I am where I am suppose to be at all times, I opened an email with the following blog: https://onbeing.org/blog/the-disease-of-being-busy/?utm_content=bufferdcd01&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
(Thanks to Omid Safi @OSTADJAAN for giving me perspective today.)

Of course, I became distracted and opened the email, took the time to read it and am now sharing it with all of you because the message needs to be shared.  This means I have stopped answering email and completing my "to-do" list.  LOL!😀

It's definitely a busy time of the year and like myself, I need reminders to stay focused and keep people as the focus of our work.  Our students, our parents, our colleagues and our family members must be our focus.  Certainly, email is a means of communication for all of us and there is no doubt it works.  However, nothing is more important than "Being Present" with people, face to face and with emotion.  

In this busy time of the school year, avoid the "busy disease" by taking time with each other to laugh, reflect and appreciate what we have.

I am forever grateful for what I "get" to do everyday at WKHS.

Have a great day, Kilbourne!
-Principal Adrean



No comments:

Post a Comment