Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Do you make your own "Happiness?"

Do you make your own "Happiness?"
...A good 'Snow Day' read!


(A letter to our WKHS Family)

Good Afternoon,
I'm absolutely sure you were all wondering why I hadn't sent your Monday Message out yet.....Well, thanks to Kevin for sharing the magazine, Live Happy, we have a "Monday Message" on Tuesday.




I just read this article about Good Morning America's Anchors:  Trust Us...We Love Our Jobs!  The anchors shared their work while enduring early start times, long hours and a rigorously demanding pace. Yet, they all say there's no place they'd rather work.  Several were asked to comment on how positivity in the workplace can be infectious and here are some of their quotes;

"By the time I get from the door to my office, I've said, 'good morning' to no less than 15 people who aren't unhappy or complaining about being at work at 4 a.m. The place is humming and alive, and you can't help but be glad to be here."  
-Amy Robach

"These aren't my co-workers, they're like my brothers and sisters.  And having not just the other four people in front of the camera, but an entire team who won't let you stumble or that's there like a loving family members when you're having a bad day, make the good days al the more special." 
-Ginger Zee  


"Mutual respect" is one of the team's strongest assets."  
-George Stephanapoulos

"I'm a positive person at heart because of the example set by my mother.  She was the pied piper, and our house was always full of neighbors.  Some are drained by people, but I love being around them."  
-Robin Roberts

"I've been blue and without having to say a word, the cast and crew are there for you.  That comfort instills the utmost confidence in the people you work with every day."  
                                                           -Lara Spencer

  • Do you choose to be HAPPY ?  
  • What would you say about your HAPPINESS at Worthington Kilbourne High School? 
  • What role do you play in HAPPINESS ?

"Happy people are more productive, and having a job you love - or even like - spills over into every other area of  your life."  - Gallup

THOUGHTS?
☺

3 comments:

  1. I love your first reflection question, "Do you choose to be happy?" Our attitude is a choice, no doubt about it (barring any medical issues that would prevent it). It's incumbent upon us as school leaders to not only be happy ourselves but to share that happiness with other people. Thanks for sharing! Great post!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw that you commented...Thanks Jennifer! I'll keep learning from you. Smile!
      Ang

      Delete
    2. Jennifer,
      I should have spent some time with you in Orlando to dialogue about Blogging.
      Angie

      Delete