Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"Shadow A Student Challenge"








Follow @aadrean on Twitter to experience my "Shadow a Student Challenge" Day!


For the past 40 years, I have started every week day (and some weekends) in a school setting, but it has been a long time since I have lived "A Day In The Life Of A Student".  Today, I am taking that challenge and it's now only 9 a.m. and already I need my morning snack and my water bottle.  So while I am attempting to pay attention in Spanish class, I can only think about making it down to my office to get my almonds and water bottle and making it to Honors Physical Science on time...

A "Shout-Out" to WKHS Freshmen Student, Liam Pierce, for allowing me to shadow him for the day.  Already I am amazed at how much he has challenged himself to a rigorous schedule and course load.  My brain is already at capacity after learning from Mr. Warinner in Honors CCSS Math II, Mrs. Gerhardt in Honors Spanish II and Mrs. Chase in Honors Physical Science.  I appreciate the teachers in these first three periods because of their focus on student relationships and specific individualized feedback with their students.  All three teachers were prepared with learning activities prior to the bell and students were focused and on-task from the start to the end of the class period. Mrs. Gerhardt even continued teaching after the bell and quickly I realized that I was the only "student" standing when the bell rang, I quickly sat down and realized I am dismissed by Mrs. Gerhardt and not the bell.  (Smile!)

Since I am currently in Honors Physical Science learning about inertia and crash test safety features, I must exit by blog for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment