Tuesday, March 1, 2016

And the "Shadow A Student" Challenge Continues...


I'm Back...

It's now 11:20 a.m. and I am starving.  I should have bought a snack at our "Wolfeteria" at the start of this class when Liam advised me to do so.  He obviously knows best!

Have to make a quick locker stop and off to Honors ELA I.  


We are now studying Romeo and Juliet and I am amazed at the energy Mrs. Hemmelgarn has for making "R & J" FUN!  The students are answering questions, asking questions, listening to the play on tape, completing guided notes, sharing personal reflections while connecting vocabulary words, completing a class storyboard and are having FUN all at the same time.  Our teachers at Worthington Kilbourne H.S. ROCK!

The bell rings and it's now time for lunch.  

Our lunch periods are a full class period (50 minutes).  This is a great time for our students because they have a few choices they can make that will best meet their needs.  Certainly, they can take the time to eat, relax and socialize with their lunch table or they may choose to receive individualized academic help from our Academic Assistants in The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC - Room 209) or they may schedule to work with one of their classroom teachers.  Much of my lunch table today chose to go to the library to work after they ate lunch.  Either way, our students appreciate this freedom to choose.  

I am now reflecting on my day in Academic Prep with Mr. Meeks.  Students are very quiet and focused on learning.  Some students are reading, others are on their laptops and a few are completing assignments.  My belly is full and I'm starting to feel a bit sluggish and this is the part of my day where I may begin to struggle. 

However...
As I begin History class with Mr. Patch, I am presented with the following task, 
"You are the commander of a European country and your orders are on your desk...read through them and strategize.  May the best commander win!" 

Looks like I will be staying alert and on-task!  

"Adios!" for now as I must begin to strategize with my classmates.




No comments:

Post a Comment