Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The ending of an A-W-E-S-O-M-E #ShadowAStudent Challenge Day!

...my Camouflage SuperWoman shoes are worn out as the day comes to an end and I realize even more how fortunate I am to work at Worthington Kilbourne High School and just as important, how fortunate our students are to learn and grow at 
Worthington Kilbourne High School.  



I'm not so sure there was actually a "winner" in Mr. Patch's History class, but I do have a better understanding of Blitzkreig.  And just in case you were not so sure either, here is a quote from Google to help you better understand; 

"A German term for “lightning war,” blitzkrieg is a military tactic designed to create disorganization among enemy forces through the use of mobile forces and locally concentrated firepower. Its successful execution results in short military campaigns, which preserves human lives and limits the expenditure of artillery."

A "Shout-Out" to Mr. Patch for giving reason to student learning, planning for different activities to promote student engagement and for modeling your own personal joy in learning.  We are so fortunate to have you as a part of our Wolf Pack.  

On to our FINAL class and one of Liam's favorite...HEALTH!

I certainly wasn't expecting to walk into a dimmed lit room with relaxing music playing, but I could not have been more pleased.  I followed Liam's lead and sat next to him on the floor while Ms. Lewis started class in a soft-spoken and calm voice.  Yes, we were preparing for a little yoga.  I am certainly not as flexible as I used to be in my younger years, but I am appreciative of Ms. Lewis and her desire to help our students understand the importance of planning a routine to always take care of yourself regardless of your age. 

As I sign off, I want to thanks Liam and all of his friends for welcoming me into their world for the day.  I am re-energized and will certainly plan to continue this practice in the future.  I appreciate the initiative set forth by School Retool and our Worthington City School District and encourage my fellow educators to take the challenge, even if you cannot make it happen this week.  

Want to learn more about your schools culture...
engage with students and you will find out!







No comments:

Post a Comment